donderdag 11 april 2013

Phrasal Verbs Part 1

First of all I'm curious who will read this. Hopefully nobody..
I want to write posts in English but I don't feel comfortable about it.
I feel insecure about my English; the grammar, the vocabulary and so on... 

The reason I want to write in English is that failed my Phrasal verbs test.
It is the first test in this year I did not get through.
I know I should have pored over my Phrasal book more often.

Therefore I made a decision; I will post  a small piece about phrasal verbs everyday.
By this way I will learn them hopefully by heart. And hopefully I will sail throught the test next time.

This is what the book says about Phrasal verbs:
" Phrasal verbs are extremely common in English. They are found in a wide variety of contexts. You may have noticed them in songs, for example  I'll get by with a little help from my friends, Roll over Beethoven, Get up Stand up and Knock me down. Phrasal verbs are verbs that consist of a verb and a participle ( a preposition or an adverb). Try to think positively about them."

This is my opion about Phrasal verbs:
"Thinking positively about phrasal verbs? Wake up and smell the coffee! Phrasal verbs are extremely boring to learn by heart."

2 opmerkingen: